Fri, Feb 16|
Yoga Connect Lansing
Kids Yoga Training
Join us for a weekend of learning and prepare to share this practice with our kids!
Time & Location
Feb 16, 2024, 5:30 PM – Feb 17, 2024, 5:30 PM
Yoga Connect Lansing, 914 Elmwood Rd, Lansing, MI 48917, USA
About the event
Kids Yoga Teacher Training
*You do not need to be a current registered yoga teacher to take this training*
Friday, February 16, 2024 - 5:30-8:30pm
Saturday, February 17, 2024 10:30am-5:30pm (30 min break for lunch)
You will learn creative instruction in meditation, mindfulness, breathing practices, relaxation, poses, games & activities all catered towards children of all ages. This course will give you the skills, knowledge, resources and confidence you will need to start teaching yoga to kids. The classes are designed to keep kids fully engaged and having fun. You will also learn entrepreneurial skills such as how to run a Kids Yoga day camp, Kids Yoga birthday parties and so much more.
Who is this training designed for:
🔸You may be a yoga instructor who wishes to increase their skills and knowledge so that you can offer kids yoga classes at yoga studios, in kindergartens, schools, daycares or within your community.
🔹You may be a teacher who would like to introduce yoga and mindfulness activities into your classroom.
🔺You may be a parent or care giver who wishes to learn how to teach yoga and mindfulness to your children or to the children in your care.
- Teaching manual - includes information on yoga, kids yoga activities, kids breath work, suggested book list, yoga games & more
- Two starter kids yoga storybooks
- Materials for games and activities
Benefits of kids yoga- When kids regularly practice yoga, they experience….
- Yoga helps children manage their anxiety. The breathing exercises and relaxation techniques learned from practicing yoga can help children with stress management. Teaching children how to reduce stress in a healthy way is an important life skill that will help them as children and as adults.
- Yoga improves children’s emotional regulation. Another benefit of yoga for children is that it helps children learn to be in the present moment while relaxing and gaining a peaceful state of mind, which ultimately improves their emotional regulation.
- Yoga boosts children’s self-esteem. Yoga helps to provide building blocks for the future. It teaches kids to persevere, be patient, and work toward their goals. Children can rely on their yoga teacher for instruction, but when they master a new pose or technique, they'll know they put in the hard work. The result is a confidence boost and improved self-esteem.
- Yoga increases children’s body awareness and mindfulness. Going through a variety of yoga poses helps children learn about their bodies and the movements they’re capable of doing.
- Yoga develops children’s strength and flexibility. Yoga helps strengthen children’s growing bodies and helps them improve their flexibility, which can reduce their chance of injury. Also, yoga promotes motor coordination, and it teaches kids to use their muscles in different ways. Whether a pose is done standing, sitting, or lying down, each one can challenge various muscle groups. At the same time, a child becomes more aware of his or her body and how it functions.
- Yoga teaches discipline and reduces impulsivity. Yoga can reduce challenging behaviors in the classroom by providing a physical outlet for children to express themselves. It also teaches children about discipline as they work on clearing their minds and perfecting their poses. Also, improves concentration and mental clarity, with a yoga practice it has been linked to improve school performance in adolescents.
EARLY BIRD OFFER!
$350 if you register prior to January 15!
$399 if registered after January 15