Fri, Dec 01|
Alignment & Assisting (Part 1)
Principles of Energy Exchange
Time & Location
Dec 01, 2023, 5:30 PM – Dec 02, 2023, 4:00 PM
Lansing, 914 Elmwood Rd, Lansing, MI 48917, USA
About the event
As teachers we want to be able to feel confident and connected with our classes, clients and each other. While we may not fully understand how--we are constantly exchanging energy with those around us in a yoga studio or class setting. Come together with other instructors to learn from each other and connect on a deeper level to advance your teaching.
Utilize the universal principles of the Yamas and Niyamas to enrich alignment of both physical body and inner energy in your teaching.
- development of class themes, flow sequences and transitions centered on alignment
- build confidence in teaching physical alignment in asana postures and practice
- build confidence in learning and practicing ways to assist your students best: verbal cuing, demonstrating (self & other students), light press points, physical assisting, and partner work
- discussion circles regarding intention, techniques
- back-to-back partner practice-- putting assists into practice
Included in this course:
- workbook & materials
- copy of deborah adele’s book Yamas & niyamas*
- quick release extra long assisting strap
- light snacks, tea, fruit-infused water
- 12 continuing education hours (or hours toward Yc 300 ytt program)**
On December 1, we will meet from 5:30pm-8:30pm
On December 2, we will meet from 12-4pm
For those who are currently participating in the 300 hour YTT program, this IS a REQUIRED course. Your registration for this class is already taken care of with your tuition plan, but please still RSVP.