Kids Yoga Teacher Training
Time & Location
About the event
Kids Yoga Teacher Training
*You do not need to be a current registered yoga teacher to take this training*
Friday, July 23rd - 6-9pm
Saturday, July 24th - 9:30am - 4pm (30 min break for lunch)
You will learn creative instruction in meditation, mindfulness, breathing practices, relaxation, poses, games & activities all catered towards children of all ages. This course will give you the skills, knowledge, resources and confidence you will need to start teaching yoga to kids. The classes are designed to keep kids fully engaged and having fun. You’ll also learn entrepreneurial skills such as how to run a Kids Yoga day camp, Kids Yoga birthday parties and so much more.
Who is this training designed for:
🔸You may be a yoga instructor who wishes to increase their skills and knowledge so that you can offer kids yoga classes at yoga studios, in kindergartens, schools, daycares or within your community.
🔹You may be a teacher who would like to introduce yoga and mindfulness activities into your classroom.
🔺You may be a parent or carer who wishes to learn how to teach yoga and mindfulness to your children or to the children in your care.
- Teaching manual - includes information on yoga, kids yoga activities, kids breath work, suggested book list, yoga games & more
- Two starter kids yoga storybooks
- Materials for games and activities
Benefits of kids yoga
- Yoga helps children manage their anxiety. The breathing exercises and relaxation techniques learned from practicing yoga can help children with stress management. Teaching children how to reduce stress in a healthy way is an important life skill that will help them as children and as adults.
- Yoga improves children’s emotional regulation. Another benefit of yoga for children is that it helps children learn to be in the present moment while relaxing and gaining a peaceful state of mind, which ultimately improves their emotional regulation.
- Yoga boosts children’s self-esteem. Yoga for kids can do wonders for their self-esteem. Perfecting a pose or improving their balance and flexibility can give young children a sense of personal empowerment.
- Yoga increases children’s body awareness and mindfulness. Going through a variety of yoga poses helps children learn about their bodies and the movements they’re capable of doing.
- Yoga enhances children’s concentration and memory. One of the top benefits of kids’ yoga is that the different types of moves requires children to focus and work on their memorization skills—both of which can translate over into their academic performance.
- Yoga develops children’s strength and flexibility. Yoga helps strengthen children’s growing bodies and helps them improve their flexibility, which can reduce their chance of injury.
- Yoga teaches discipline and reduces impulsivity. Yoga can reduce challenging behaviors in the classroom by providing a physical outlet for children to express themselves. It also teaches children about discipline as they work on clearing their minds and perfecting their poses.
- Regular Pricing$450+$11.25 Service fee$450+$11.25 Service fee0$0